What crystals would you suggest as for someone who is just starting their collection?
Question: Hi I'm wanting to get a collection of crystals together but don't really know where to start would you be able to give me a list of which ones I should get first. I'm thinking well being, good energy, power,strength and protection, I don't know what would you recommend. U knowledge will be a great help.
Answer: These are the ones I would suggest as great starters. They are ones that I actually carry with me at all times in my purse and ones I consider as my top 5 beginner crystals. I will give you a little reason why I suggest these crystals, although they have MANY properties. These are simply my top reasons.
• Clear Quartz point - Quartz is great to use for just about anything due to its high receptivity to programming. The reason I say a point instead of a tumbled is because a point can direct energy. So if you are wanting to send energy, you would have the point away from you. If you want to bring in energy, you have it facing you. This would be your power crystal. It is a good amplifier of energies. — Chakra: This crystal can be used for any chakra.
• Amethyst - This one, like Clear Quartz, is a great master healer crystal. It enhances intuition and psychic abilities. I personally keep this one nearby for helping headaches. You had mentioned a crystal for well being. That would be both Amethyst and Clear Quartz. — Chakra: This crystal works best at the Third Eye or Crown chakras.
• Rose Quartz - This is usually the crystal I give as gifts to family members and friends. Rose Quartz is all about love on all levels. It is calming and a great emotional healer. When my kids have owies, I use Rose Quartz on or near it (depending on what was wrong) and it helps them to calm down and feel better. — Chakra: Heart or Higher Heart.
• Citrine - Yes, another crystal in the Quartz family! Citrine is known as the "Merchant's Stone". It attracts abundance and prosperity. It is a very happy and uplifting crystal. This would be your crystal to bring in good energy. Citrine is an energy booster too. — Charka: Solar Plexus.
• Black Tourmaline - This one is probably the hardest to get than the others. The other 4 are very common and inexpensive. Black Tourmaline is well worth it. It is very grounding and protective. It is protective of any kind of negative energy, including EMF from computers and other electronics. — Chakra: Root or Earth Star chakras.
If you are looking for a starter kit for chakras I personally like the following crystals, which are all inexpensive. Root: Red Jasper — Sacral: Carnelian — Solar Plexus: Citrine — Heart: Green Aventurine — Throat: Blue Lace Agate — Third Eye: Sodalite — Crown: Amethyst.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and cannot give out medical advice. Crystals and energy healing should be used as a compliment to other therapies and not as a replacement for regular medical care.